Peanut Butter, although high in fats contains good form of fats and is healthy for heart. Peanuts are very high in proteins. I have started to include a lot of peanuts in my diet now. Fried peanuts obviously are bad and loose their nutrients.. So I try to use them dry roasted or microwave them for a light snack.. Enjoy this crunchy Protein rich cookie with milk or just as a light tea time treat.
1. 1/2 cup peanut butter ( crunchy will work better )
2. 1 cup all purpose flour
3. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
4. 1/2 brown sugar
5. 1/2 cup caster sugar
6. 1 tsp baking soda
7. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
8. 1 egg, lightly beaten
9. 1 cup corn flakes, lightly crushed
10. 1/4 cup butter
11. 1 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the Oven at 180 degrees and Gas marked 5.
2. Mix peanut butter and butter and beat it till its creamy and frothy. Add sugar and beat again. Add egg gradually beating well .
3. Add flour, salt and baking soda, baking powder to this and mix well to form a lump of cookie dough. Made small round cookies out of it.
4. Spread the cornflakes on a sheet and roll the cookies over it. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and space them slightly apart. Flatten them with your hands.
5. Bake them for around 10-12 minutes. They will raise a little bit. Cool them off …
1. You can make your own peanut butter. See the recipe here.
2. You can also add oats instead of whole wheat flour.
This recipe go to Deepthi’s Healthy Snack Event :
This also goes to Sobha’s Proteinicious Food Event :