1. 1 cup whole wheat flour
2. 1/4 cup All purpose flour
3. 1 tsp Baking powder
4. 1 Egg
5. A pinch of salt
6. 1 cup Milk
7. 1 cup blueberries, washed
8. 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
9. Maple syrup OR Confectionery Sugar OR Honey to drizzle on top
10. Olive Oil / Butter for frying
1. Sift together whole wheat flour and all purpose flour along with baking soda. Mix well.
2. In another bowl, beat egg with a pinch of salt. Add milk little by little to make egg fluffy.
3. Add the egg mix and coconut to the flour and combine well.
4. Add blueberries and fold them with the batter . The consistency of the batter should be pouring not runny.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan, pour the batter onto it and let it cook covered on a low-medium flame.
6. When it turns dry and bubbly on top, flip the side and cook covered again for few min.
7. When golden brown both sides, take out in a plate. Drizzle honey / maple syrup on top and enjoy with hot tea or coffee. Or just plain as breakfast
1. Do not cut the blueberries, as they will burn out when in contact with the pan. Use them as whole only.
2. You can also add a bit of sugar to make it more sweet. Although coconut brings enough sweet taste to the pancakes.
Linking it to events: –
Lets cook with coconut by Simply food