An excellent breakfast for kids and adult kids too 🙂
1. 8-10 leftover idlis, cut into 4
2. 2 onions, sliced ( I like a lot of onion in my upma )
3. 1 potato, chopped small
4. 1 tsp mustard seeds
5. 1 tsp salt, turmeric, red chili powder each
6. 2 green chilies, thinly sliced
7. 1/4 cup curry leaves, washed
8. 1 tsp oil
9. 1 tsp Chana dal, urad dal each
10. 2 tsp peanuts.
11. Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add both daals and fry till they turn light brown. Do not burn
2. Add peanuts and roast them for 1-2 min on low flame.
3. Add curry leaves and green chilies, saute for a min.
4. Add onions and potatoes and cook till potatoes get tender, and onion get cooked.
5. Add spices and cook covered for another min or so.
6. Add idlis and stir for a min. Turn off the flame.
7. Garnish with cilantro