Have you ever felt Pasta melting in your mouth ??.. Am such a great lover of Pasta that I feel sometimes its melting in my mouth and that enhance my craving for more.. Yummy ! .. We went to Blenheim Palace yesterday and I had pasta there for lunch. I must say, it was not that good. Or may be I expect Pasta to be always of some premier level. I resisted my urge to take a pic of that, however the raspberry tart we had was amazing.. I certainly shot it, it was buttery, crispy and creamy at the same time.. At last, my day goes with something real to melt in mouth.
Leaving this Scrumptious tart, I ll come back to my adorable Pasta again. I had some Ricotta Cheese left in fridge which was leading towards its expiry. I simply drool over Ricotta cheese. Its a soft, fresh cheese that literally means “recooked” in Italian. This cheese is made from recooking the whey after it has been separated from the curds. Ricotta cheese has a white and creamy appearance, similar to cottage cheese, and a mild taste. Ricotta is often found in Italian dishes and has health benefits that can make it a good addition to any diet.
This Ricotta Cheese pasta sauce will surely hit your taste buds prompting you to try it again and again 🙂
1. 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
2. 1 1/2 cup Spinach leaves , chopped
3. 2 onions, chopped
4. 5-6 cloves garlic , minced
5. 1 tsp salt
6. 1 tsp black pepper
7. 1/2 tsp, ginger powder, cinnamon, red chili powder each
8. 1 tsp Olive oil
9. 1 cup Pasta of your choice, cooked according to packet instructions.
10. 2 tsp grated Parmesan Cheese, for sprinkling on top
11. 1/2 tsp Oregano ( optional )
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry minced garlic in it on low flame till it turns light brown. Add onions and saute till brown.
2. Add spinach and saute for a min till it wilts.
3. Now, take the pan off the flame, mix Ricotta cheese and stir well. Keep it on flame again and cook for a min on low flame. Keep stirring.
4. Add all the spices and keep side. Please note that there should be no water left out in the sauce. It should absolutely be mixed well.
5. Pour this over the cooked pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese and Oregano on top. Enjoy hot !
1. When cooking pasta, remember to pour in the pasta in the boiling water and Not when the water is just heating up. That will make Pasta starchy.
Sending to Pasta Presto Nights hosted by Ruth this month.
Fusion Food : Pasta by Ramya
Only Pizza PAsta and Noodles by Jayasri and Shilpa’s Life is Green