2 cups chopped Cauliflower.
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup Spinach leaves, coarsely blended
1 + 1/2 cup Skimmed milk
1 tbsp Cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup Skimmed milk
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tbsp Plain flour
- Cut Cauliflower and broccoli florets small and steam or boil for 8-10 minutes untill tender. Dont over cook the florets or it will get mushy. It just have to be tender in its shape.
- Dip these Florets into the Cornflour- milk mixture along with the blended Spinach and mix quite well. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, roast Plain flour into it on slow flame for 4-5 minutes. Add milk while stirring frequently. Stirring is very important at this stage else the sauce will form lumps.
- When the milk gets thick, add Mustard paste and keep stirring for n ext 1 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Grease a baking dish, line florets with milk into it and pour the Sauce over it. Sprinkle Black pepper powder and cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- You can sprinkle some Bread crumbs on top if you want crusty Gratin taste
- Add some salt if you want it little salty, Although the salt is covered by Mustard Sauce.