I have never really adored Chocolate. They say ‘’Chocolate is a Girl’s Best friend, after diamonds’’… Seriously ?? I am not sure about the answer..
I liked them when I was in school, but never actually was crazy for it. And that is the reason why I always preferred Pineapple cake over chocolate ones.. All my friends loved Chocolate cakes so when it was birthdays times, had to had it, that’s another thing.
The other day I got this Book of chocolate recipes from the Library, and it has been like 2 months now and I have not even tried a single recipe. Bizarre, but true.. I don’t muster courage for preparing a recipe with core Ingredient as Chocolate. I know it may sound offensive to many readers, including some of my own friends. But that’s what I am like.. willing to change though since Chocolate is a very flexible ingredient for cooking. Hence I started with one recipe from that book and finally .. like it too 🙂
A very simple recipe, made with Chocolate Ganache. Actually I started with Ganache to bake a cake next day. But I didn’t get time and it got untouched. To finish it off, I rolled these Truffles and made hubby happy 🙂 These truffles imparted the real dark taste of Chocolate with smoothness of cream. Well, it is unhealthy and full of fat.. but its Chocolate 🙂
- 1 cup Chocolate ( I used half Dark Chocolate, half Milk chocolate )
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- Break the chocolate into very small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl
- Bring the cream almost to boiling point, add butter and vanilla extract to the hot cream, then slowly pour the cream over the chocolate and stir constantly with a wooden spoon or balloon whisk, until the chocolate has completely melted and well blended. Chocolate Ganache is ready.
- Keep the mixture in Fridge for atleast an hour till it gets chilled off. Take off from the Fridge after its chilled completely and scoop it out little by little.
- Mix cocoa powder and Icing Sugar in equal quantities and roll the scooped Chocolate bites over it.
- Its ready to serve, keep them at low temperature and take them out only when serving fresh.
- Use a round spoon to scoop the mixture out and roll them with your palms.
- You can spread some icing sugar or chopped nuts to give them a crunchy bite.