She generally gives 1-2 hours a day to the blog and her favorite cuisines are Indian and Chinese. When asked of her favourite recipes from the blog, she gave me a few links ( which obviously must have been difficult for her to select ) and I chose the following out of them :
- mango 1 large or 3/4 cup of puree
- coconut sweetened flakes 2 1/2 cups (refer notes)
- condensed milk 1/4 cup(refer notes)
- cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- raisins 1/4 cup
- cashews or almonds broken 2tbsp(I used cashews)
- coconut powder 2tbsp (to roll)
- saffron strands 2(optional,enhances color)
-I have used fresh mango,so cut into slices and pureed it with saffron strands without adding water.(You can use store brought puree too)
-I have used sweetened coconut flakes so just put it in the blender and grind it to coarse powder without adding any water.(This helps to hold shape; skip this step if using fresh shredded coconut)
-Heat a non stick pan and add the coconut and mango puree.Keep stirring till water dries up.
-Then add the condensed milk and wait till the mix starts to leave the sides of pan.(takes about 15-20 minutes)
-Add the cardamom powder,broken cashews and raisins.Mix and put off flame.
-Wait till its warm to hold and shape in your palms,then roll each of them into balls.Roll in coconut powder.
-Serve as a sweet or dessert !!
Servings~ 10 laddus
* You can use shredded coconut in place of sweetened coconut flakes.In that case,just dry roast it in the non stick pan before adding mango puree to remove water content.
* You can increase the quantity of condesed milk or decrease as per your sweet tooth.Also,If using shredded coconut,you should increase the quantity of condensed milk.