Banana bread has always been my favorite, I am an enthusiastic Banana bread maker. I have tried my own simple version of Banana Bread here and has always been content with the taste and results. And I would again like to specify here that I am not a Banana Lover, rather I can not have it at all, NADA !! And hence the reason why I Incorporate the fruit in the bread quite a lot. Now, last month Gayathri presented us with the challenge of making Eggless Banana Muffins as a part of Baking Eggless Group. I then realized that somehow, I have never tried banana in muffins, another thing I love. Almost immediately, I wore my Apron and started gearing up for the trial. Well, I used the same recipe I used for the bread and it was a sheer disaster.
Anyway, later I searched for a recipe and found a bunch over net. Thats what I like about Internet, surfing for recipes, my favorite pass time.. OK OK Coming back to the recipe, see the Original one here. I have just changed it a bit as per my preferences. And yes, this one proved to be the perfect chance to use the Mascarpone Icing I was willing to try for such long time. Loved the results !! And I shall say again, am an enthusiastic Banana Muffin maker now 😀
I have used Flaxseed powder in this recipe which was first ever for me. And I was so amazed to see how beautifully it works, all my doubts drained away and am looking forward to use it more often. Thanks Gayathri for this challenge and giving me a chance to link the recipe even though am pretty late, see the Roundup here.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 2 1/2 tsp Flaxseed Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Sugar ( This was enough along with the icing, you may increase it )
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 Over ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup Oil
For Mascarpone Icing
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 3/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream ( Double Cream)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix the Flaxsed powder with 2 tbsp Water and Keep aside
- Sieve the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Mash bananas in bowl with your hands untill very mooth paste. You can also mash it in a food processor.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl and combine with the Mashed banana and flaxseed paste. Give everything a nice stir.
- Fold dry ingredients in the Paste gently, do not over mix. Just fold it till it gets all mixed, with gentle moves.
- Pour into Muffin Tray till 3/4 level and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 min at 180 degrees.
For Mascarpone Icing :
- While the Muffins are getting baked, prepare the frosting.
- Fold in all the ingredients for Icing ( except Vanilla )and beat well for 10-15 minutes untill smooth.
- Add Vanilla essence and continue to beat until icing is fluffy and thick.
- Keep in Refrigerator until use or it will start melting.
- Drizzle the Icing on top of the Muffin, and Enjoy warm or cold.
- Drizzle the Icing fresh before serving else it will melt at room temperature or keep the muffins in fridge after applying the icing
- These Muffins can be kept in Fridge for upto 3 days in an Air tight container
- I have put in a piece of Apricot on top for decor and flavour, you can try that too.