This month I am hosting a guest event on “SYF&HWS – Cook With SPICES” Series and
chose the spice “POPPY SEEDS” as this months theme.
Anu from Anu’s Healthy Kitchen is the founder of this event.
Now lets talk a bit about this wonderful Spice – POPPY SEEDS and following will be the rules of the event.
These seeds contain several vital minerals like zinc, calcium, magnesium, which aid in the smooth functioning of all organs of the body. Poppy seeds are an excellent source of energy as well since they contain carbohydrates . The calorie content in Poppy Seed is low. Poppy seeds are also rich in oleic acid, Poppy seeds also contain around 45-50% of unsaturated fatty acids.
Some of the health benefits are:
- Poppy seeds are storehouses of opium, which serves as a useful ingredient for preparing various herbal medicines.
- The seeds are a source of different types of minerals, like iodine, manganese, magnesium, zinc and copper. They are beneficial in enhancing enzymes, like diastase, lipase and nuclease, in the human body.
- Poppy seeds are a good source of fatty acids, especially the omega-3 fatty acids, which are required by the human body to obtain good health and fight various diseases.
- They help in enhancing energy levels in human body, as they are a good source of carbohydrates.
- The linoleic acid present in them helps protect body from heart attack and other heart problems.
- These seeds are also considered to be helpful in facilitating effective digestion in human body.
- The oil made out of poppy seeds has proven beneficial in treating breast cancer.
- One of the uses of poppy seeds is as a cure for insomnia, sleeplessness.
Now, here are the Event Rules:
1. Bloggers and Non-Bloggers are welcome to send in any number of recipes, archived ones
2. Use of LOGO is mandatory, which will help to spread the word.
3. Non-bloggers can send in the recipe email@example.com.
4. Event starts on Sep 5th and ends on Oct 5th.
5. Please link the recipes below to the linky tool given.
A word from Anu : “This event is an ongoing event for the future months and anyone interested to guest host can drop me an email at anu (dot) healthykitchen (at) gmail (dot) com. I will remind you a week before the event and also send you the “Event Logo” for the particular month and “Event Announcement age/Document” too. You just need to copy and post the document as a Guest Event Post.
Looking forward to receive wonderful recipes…