Although I am posting a very old recipe from Drafts today, its something that I wanted to share for long. But was waiting to click better pictures. Somehow I didnt get a chance to prepare this again and buttery cakes have taken their place in my heart a bit more. Hence, before I move ahead with my new love, lets discuss how did I make this absolutely Fat-free Cake..
Off course its not that fluffy and melting like the usual buttery and Sugary cake.. How much do we love them though .. *Sigh* !! But its still a sweet treat for those who count their Calories with every meal. Not everyone will fall in love with this simple trial but you will surely love it for its no fuss and natural flavours. I happen to like the chunks of pineapple in bakes and this cake is no exception. Coffee or no coffee, this cake is a sheer joy to dig into!! The cinnamon-sugar topping is just so irresistible!!
Recipe Source here
What you need ?
- Rolled Oats 1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Water 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1/2 Tbsp
- Crushed Pineapple with juice 1/2 cup
- Applesauce 1/3 cup (I used sweetened Cinnamon flavored)
- Cinnamon 1 Tbsp (or as required)
- Granulated Sugar 2 Tbsp (or as required)
How to Make ?
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease the three ramekins (I used 1 cup capacity) by spraying oil.
- Grind the oats to make a fine flour. Mix in wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.
- Don’t over mix. Transfer the batter into the three ramekins and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Bake in the middle rack for about 25-30 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 min and transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee if you please!!
Off to my event Whats with my Cuppa ?