I have never liked Kiwi as a fruit, and hence I used to mix it in my morning smoothies. Not sure whether I have shared this morning routineof mine with you, where I blend all the fruits I dislike, together and gulp it down. It keeps my tummy full for 3-4 hours plus I get the benefits of stuff I dont even like to have. I usually mix banana with a bunch of fruits I am not crazy about like blue berries, peaches and kiwi etc. But when I had this drink at a friend’s place, I was really pleased with the taste. So I tried it at home with some of my own twists, and the result was a perfectly blended Smoothie with so much goodness.. for those who are unaware of the benefits of this wonder fruit, do have a look here and here, you will be tempted to include it in your diet like me 🙂
What you need? : For 3-4 medium sized servings
How to make?
- Take chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and heat it on high for 30 seconds. Take out and check if its melted, if not keep it for 10 more seconds. Repeat if necessary one more time, checking in between to avoid the burning.
- Once it melted, mix it with rest of the stuff except the stuff mentioned optional and give a churn in the blender. Once its blended properly, add ice cubes if you are using. I didn’t use ice cubes at all, and I liked that creamy texture.
- Pour in the glasses, and garnish with crushed mint leaves and dessicated coconut
- You may omit sugar completely, and increase the quantity of coconut milk to make it sweeter.
- I didn’t use ice cubes at all, and it was a bit thick. Just the way I wanted it to be, you may like a more runny version.
- You may omit chocolate completely, but it gives a very different flavour to the drink so its highly recommended
- Don’t leave the chocolate for more than 2 minute outside lese it will harden up and you will have to melt it again.