I love recipes that have few ingredients but turn out so amazingly delicious. Simple recipes always seem to be the best ones to me. This salad was on the table within five minutes and thoroughly loved by me and my carnivorous husband. I loved the combination of flavors and textures – the crisp cucumbers with the fresh greens, and creamy Feta cheese with the tart and sweet balsamic vinegar. My favorite part is that I always seem to have these ingredients lying around and it requires zero planning and totally fills me up.
Refreshing & healthy Summer Salad | Is Summer a good time to diet ?
- 1 portion of cucumber ( Peeled or not depends on your preference )
- 200 gms of lettuce about 2 bowls full
- ½ cup Sweet corn
- ½ in bell pepper – Any colour I like red or yellow Salads since they are sweet and not too hot, Capsicum
- leaves A bunch of rocket – about ½ cup
- leaves A bunch of spinach baby spinach would work the best
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder or cracked
- 50-100 gms of Feta Cheese
- A pinch of Salt – optional
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Wash all your greens and mix together gently folding in a big mixing bowl.
Add cucumber, bell pepper, Feta Cheese and salt and give it a gentle shake
Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle some cracks of black pepper on top.
Squeeze the lemon juice in a bowl, and mix balsamic vinegar with it. Drizzle this combo over the served salad
Enjoy this Summery Salad with a nice crusty bread or Lentil soup.
Do not keep the Salad at room temperature for long, since the greens would start releasing the water very soon and it will all be runny then
Feta cheese is delicious in the salad, but since its high in calories do not go overboard with it. 50-60 gms serves good for two portions/ persons.
Some more salads that you might like this summer