MLLA was started 8 years ago by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook and since early 2013 the baton has been passed on to Lisa Turner of Food and Spice who has been successfully carrying on MLLA since then. I hosted the event for the month of October. And now, I am delighted to present the roundup for the MLLA edition 74 on The Veggie Indian. And would like to thank Lisa and Susan again for giving me thing opportunity to host this popular event on my site.
Prize for the winner-
Also, Susan is generously sponsoring a prize each month that she will ship worldwide, at her own expense. The prize this month is this fantastic cookbook by Ivy – More than a Greek Salad. If the random winner is a resident of the US, they will win both the Hurst Bean Prize and Susan’s offering – otherwise a second draw will take place for the Hurst prize from the pool of US residents
Here is the amazing array of recipes that I received for this contest:
1. This hearty slow cooker Bean and Barley soup from Deepika of My life and Spice, is all I need on any fall weekend.
2. I know I am going to try my hands on this Cannelloni Beans Curry from Usha of My spicy kitchen.
3. Whatever Priya whips, it’s bound to be amazing. So is this Maharashtrian Peanut curry – from Priya’s versatile recipes
4. Check out this Butter Beans Kurma from The passionate sisters, a sweet little blog with some really authentic recipes
5. I visited this blog first time, and have fallen in love with the versatile range of South Indian traditional recipes. Like this sweet fried balls called Susiyam, from Suja’s Kitchen
6. Vegan and healthy- this Spicy Tofu and chickpeas curry from Sherin of Kuk’s Kitchen is one amazing blend. A must try!
7. Fancy a healthier alternative to your potato patties, here is one you can try- Black Bean Quinoa Burger from Healthy eats for all
8. I have always loved Julie’s recipes, and this one is no exception. Achari Chana Pulao from Erivum Puliyum
9. This blog has a very interesting name and an equally interesting collection of recipe. Simple Besan Laddoos from elephants and the coconut trees
10. Chef Mireille is one very active blogger who has a wide range of recipes on her blog. Try her Adraki Chhole recipe to start with and am sure you will bookmark a lot many from her blog – East West realm
11. This horse gram Chutney is another traditional recipe that Marudhu has whipped from her South Indian kitchen. Visit her blog Marudhus Kitchen for some really authentic recipes.
12. Cous cous is my favourite and seems like Sudha from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous loves it too. Check out her chickpeas and garlic couscous recipe for some healthy bite
13. These spicy lentil fritters from Linsy of Real home cooked food are soon going to be added to my fav snack for the weekend.
14. Am sure this Vegan Smoked ‘Bone’ Marrow Stew and Chickpeas is one thing you definitely would want to try this fall. From Shaheen of A seasonal Veg table
15. Gayathri from Spices Galore has sent this super healthy breakfast pancake – Tomato methi Adai
16. I loved the idea of this Three sisters (bean,corn & squash) Soup from Janet of The taste spice. Another wonderful fall recipe !
17. Lisa from Food and spice herself sent a very healthy recipe of Mung Bean and Toor Dal Soup. Well, we know all her recipes are superb, including this one!
18. Am so tempted by this spicy and rich Mocha Kottai Kuzhambu ( Beans curry) sent by Aparna of Stories of the Mahe coast.
19. Sreevalli from Ammaji Kitchen has sent this recipe of chana Dal Sundal. Another one of those easy and super healthy stir fries from South India.
20. And last but not the least- the recipe from my side for this flavourful no onion-garlic Vegan Chickpeas curry , which certainly fits all the parameters for a perfect fall recipe !
And now- The Winner !
I used Random number generator which generated the number 14- i.e. Shaheen of A seasonal Veg table. Congrats Shaheen !! 🙂 I will contact you shortly for further details on the prize.
Thank you all for your participation and amazing recipes.