Every friday, My fridge starts breathing with space and leftover veggies. I usually leave 2-3 pieces of every vegetable raw over weekdays to utilise them on weekend with some mix veg, sindhi kadhi or mix pulav etc. this time I had some broccoli, cauliflower and carrot. My hubby doesnt like either of them in any veggie curry that much. He can only take them in pulav. My mom used to give us cauliflower parantha with cauli grated and infused in it. This time I tried this with all the veggies left .. and the Apricot Jam layered on it… Mmm… It was such a hit I had to include extras in this week shopping for the weekend again 🙂
I have made this with carrot, broccoli and cauli. You can use cabbage, Lauki and even Capsicum in it. Its very healthy one dish meal in itself. I usually use onions everytime in paranthas, but for this one, carrots did the crunchy wonder.
I wrapped it as a roll next day for hubby as tea time snack .. He loved it even more 🙂
1. 1/2 Cup grated broccoli
2. 1/2 cup grated cauliflower
3. 1/2 cup grated carrot
4. 2 cups whole wheat flour ( atta )
5. 1 tsp oil
6. Salt to taste
7. 1 tsp turmeric
8. 2-3 green chillies chopped ( optional, if cooking for kids )
9. Any jam or preserve of your choice
10. Cumin powder ( jeera )
1. Mix all flour, grated veggies, spices and knead using warm water or skimmed milk.
2. Keep it for half an hour aside.
3. Roll parntha from it ( I make triangular shaped )
4. Toast on a tava using little oil ( I used spray for least quantity )
5. Spread jam over it , roll and enjoy 😀
|Jam oozing out 🙂|
1. If you are not using Jam , you can add more spices to it and have it with chutney or sauce of your choice.
2. It goes well with spinach raita.
Sending this to Radhika’s Break Time Snack event