2. Heat 1 tsp ghee again and roast oats in the same pan. When its lightly roasted, take out, let it cool. Grind in a grinder.Keep aside 3. Boil 2 cups milk in a pan, add oats and simemr well for 5 min till Oats is cooked.
Oats is one of the healthy cereals. Full of protein and minerals, oats help building strong bones, teeth and connective tissue and for boosting energy. Oats reduce the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream, stabilizing blood sugar levels which, in turn, may help diabetics. Their soluble fiber helps to lower cholesterol and generally boost cardiovascular health, lowering high blood pressure and many more benefits of oats….
Reduce cholesterol , Stabilise blood sugar levels , Stimulate thyroid gland, Prevent constipation.
After knowing so many benefits of oats, i bought one box of quaker oats. But the challenge was to include this box in Indian recipes. Since the original rolled oats is not liked that much, I tried making it an invisible element in daily cooking. I have done several experiments with Oats, here is one of the best :
This recipe is very easy and tastes differently delicious if you have not had oats in your breakfast ever. It will not only serves the purpose of being a tasty dessert but also gives you the feeling of giving your body a treat.
4. Heat 1 tsp ghee in pan and roast besan till sweet aroma starts coming up. Add 1 cup Milk to it stirring continuously so that no lumps come up.
5. When Besan is blended well with milk, add Oats and Milk mix to it and keep stirring. Add cardamom powder and cook covered for 7-8 minutes stirring in between .
6. Garnish with Crushed nuts.
1. You can use Jaggery syrup instead of Sugar in this for a different flavour.