This Omelette Curry was made by my friends mom once when I was at their home for dinner. It was just an addition to the typical Alu sabzi raita thingy. I was a little surprised honestly. But since that day, I had this in mind to prepare this. Somehow I kept forgetting this, and ystdy my mind struck at that again.. Immediately I prepared this simple yet so different recipe.
For the Omelette :
1. 5-6 eggs
2. 1/2 cup of chopped spring onions ( or you can use onions )
3. 1 tsp oil
4. 1tsp Salt
5. 2 tsp Milk
6. 1 tsp black pepper
For the Curry ;
1. 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2. 2 green chilies
3. 1 large onion, chopped
4. 1 large tomato, chopped
5. 1/2 cup Curd
6. 1tsp Besan ( Gram flour )
7. 1 tsp Salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder each
8. 1 cup chopped cilantro ( Dhaniya )
9. 1 tsp oil
10. 1 tsp Cumin seeds
1. For making Omelette, beat eggs with salt and then add milk. Beat again, this way eggs get really fluffy. Add black pepper and spring onions at last and beat once again.
2. Heat oil in the pan, pour in the egg mixture and cook covered on a medium flame pushing edges inside.
3. When its done, flip another side and cook uncovered for few more minutes. Dont overcook to avoid burning of eggs. Let off to cool.
4. Cut it into medium sized cubes. Keep aside.
5. For curry, heat oil in the pan. Add cumin seeds and splutter. Add ginger-garlic paste and roast it for a min.
6. Add onions and fry till golden brown. Add chilies and tomatoes. Cook covered for few minutes till it gets tendered. I like big chunks of tomatoes in this curry, you can keep them small or pureed.
7. Beat gram flour with Curd and combine with the curry. Cook covered for next 5-6 min.
8. Now add the omelette cubes and simmer for 2-3 min. Garnish with Cilantro.