Cooking veg casseroles in cheese sauce can be full of guilt taking in account the heavy fat cheese provides. This recipe offers the same taste ( infact better ) and texture but with lesser calories to pile upon. It’s a one pot meal with goodness of milk and spinach. High in calcium, iron and proteins, it’s a wonderful casserole for Supper or light brunch.
1. 1 cup boiled peas
2. 1 cup spinach leaves
3. 1 tsp oil
4. 1 1/2 tsp salt
5. 1/2 cup low fat milk
6. 1 cup freshly made cottage cheese ( Paneer )
7. 1 cup boiled potatoes, grated
8. ½ tsp mixed herbs
9. 1 tsp black pepper
10. 1 large onion, sliced
1.Heat oil in a pan, fry onions and peas together for 3-4 min. Add spinach and cook covered till wilted. Add ½ tsp salt and mix. Keep aside
2. Blend the fresh paneer and milk together in a blender. Mix salt and black pepper. Keep aside
3. Now, spread the vegetable and sauce mixture in a greasing baking dish, mix well and spread the potato mixture on top.
4. Sprinkle the herbs over it and bake the pre-heated oven at 230 degrees for 10 -12 min. Serve hot !!
1. You can also sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top to make it more cheesy.
2. I served it with plain rice and thalipeeth I made the other day.