Today’s life is fast and nipping. And when both the partners are working, it gets more and more challenging for us ladies to provide the best nutrition for our family without loosing on taste. And hence, we try harder and harder, devote more and more time towards feeding our family with the best we can. In that en devour, I got caught with this idea of nibbling on home made energy bars. This fudge/ energy bars/ barfi are satisfying both in terms of taste and health.
Got this inspiration while I was preparing my last batch of Oats Laddoo.. They were loved by S and me both. This time, I was gripped with shaping the laddoos in a way we can carry them with us to the office. And so, these bars came into existence in our office bags.. Do try them.. Its a wonderful way to add fiber, energy and whole some nutrition in your diet.. On the Go !
1. 2 Cups Rolled oats
2. 1/2 cup Gram Flour , besan
3. 1 Cup Rice flakes , poha / Aval
4. 14-15 dates, seeded and chopped in halves
5. 10-12 dried apricots
6. 1/2 cup raisins
7. 3 tsp ghee
8. 1/4 cup milk, warm
9. 1/2 cup mixed nuts ( I took almonds, walnuts and cashews )
10. 2 tsp flax seeds
1. Chop dates and mix them with warm milk. Keep aside
2. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, roast oats till light brown. Grind this roasted oats to powder, Keep aside
3. Heat 1 tsp ghee again in the same pan, add poha/aval and roast till pink. Grind to powder. Keep aside.
4. Again roast the gram flour in a tsp of ghee and keep aside.
5. Grind mixed nuts to a powder.
6. Now mix all the above powdered ingredients together and mix well.
7. In a jar, blend together raisins, apricots and dates along with the milk. It will turn into a gooey mixture.
8. Add flax seeds and the powdered mix to the blender. Pulse again for some time till the mixture combines together into a sticky mass.
9. Lay this sticky mass on a greasy plate evenly.
10. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 min to cool off.
11. Take out, cut into square or rectangular pieces and store in an airtight container.
You can wrap the bars in a foil to have them in purse directly.