Pizza is a family beloved dish. I can still recall that monthly indulgence in Domino’s (I always preferred Domino’s over Pizza Hut in
), when we used to drool over that tempting Cheese burst pizza and then that small Choco lava cake. Am slobbering at the moment just by picturing it: P..
I have never tried making Pizza from scratch, will try it very soon. But amidst the chaos of packing and unpacking, I was trying to clear the fridge with the stuff I could at that time. Saw some leftover corn tortillas… Sigh !! I couldn’t afford to make another batch of Fajitas or Quesadillas. S doesn’t like it that much. With the deliberation of using every existing thing in the fridge, I tried these Tortilla Pizzas. It was so appealing and cheesy, drooling is not the right word to describe the feeling we got. J
- 6 Tortillas ( I used corn tortillas, 6 tortillas will make 3 pizzas)
- 5-6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6-7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup capsicum, chopped
- ¼ cup corn kernels ( optional )
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 cup cheese ( I took half Mozzarella and half Mature Cheddar )
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes ( optional )
- Heat oil in a pan, fry minced garlic till pink. Add tomatoes, basil leaves and salt. Cook covered till tender and mushy, stirring in between. Sprinkle some water if gets dry. Keep aside.
- Take the tortillas. Spread a layer of cheese over one tortilla and keep another over it. This will stick them while baking, giving a cheesy texture.
- Now, spread the prepared tomato sauce over it. Sprinkle chopped vegetables over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 min.
- Take it out. Shower cheese over. Bake again for 5-6 min till cheese melts.
- Dust black pepper, Oregano and red chilli flakes on top.
- Enjoy piping hot !!