Now, here we have Garlic Bread very often, usually made at home. This Sunday after I made Allu parantha and both of us were stuffed, there was no appetite left for lunch so we skipped it. But in the evening we were starving again for some snack. So I prepared these garlic breads with the leftover potato filling. They were interestingly different and incredibly yummy .. And guess what, we again stuffed ourselves to the fullest and hence skipped dinner too 🙂 .. Sometimes laziness is the only route to leisure , no ??
1. 2 large plain ciabatta baguettes ( I used Multi grain )
2. 1 cup full of potato mash
3. 1 tsp salt, black pepper, red chili powder, turmeric, Garam Masala each
4. 1 tsp oil
5. 6-7 cloves of garlic, minced
6. 1 large onion, chopped fine
7. 1 tomato, chopped fine
8. 1/2 bell pepper , chopped fine
9. 1/4 cup sweet corns, thawed ( Optional )
10. 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried basil each ( for garnishing )
11. 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
12. 1/2 cup chopped Spinach
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry minced garlic till brown.
2. Mix all the spices with Potato mash. Add garlic oil and mix well. Keep aside
3. Slice each baguette into oval pieces. Layer the potato mash over each of them.
4. Sprinkle the chopped vegetables evenly pressing them with fingers into the potato layer so that they dont fall off.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for 12-15 min till the cheese melts.
6. Sprinkle dried herbs on top and enjoy with tea or sauce of your choice.
1. Its a quick appetizer and can be served as a party snack too. Kids will love the colorful appearance of it.
and Sukanya’s Monsoon Medley