7. A pinch of Baking Soda
4. At this point, pour in this curd-spice-besan mix with the remaining water. Give a nice stir to combine well. Keep the flame to medium-high. When the Kadhi starts boiling, just turn it to low .
6. Meanwhile, lets prepare the Pakore. Mix all the ingredients mentioned above under Pakore.You have to beat it really well so that the dumplings absorb less quantity of oil.
5. Heat oil in a pan. When its very hot, turn the flame low and start frying the pakore a spoonful each time. It has to be on low flame else the spinach will burn down from outside and will be raw inside. Slowly fry them 3-4 at a time.
6. Take out all the fried dumplings and keep them on a kitchen towel to soak the excess oil. Keep aside.
7. In the same pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add Asafoetida and stir for few sec.
8. Throw in curry leaves, dried red chilies and rest of the spices. Roast on low flame for 30 sec.
9. Drizzle this tadka over the simmered Kadhi and turn off the flame. Heat oil in the same pan and roast onion in that till brown.
10. Garnish with Kasuri Methi and fried onions. Droooollll Over 😀 😀