As much as I dislike Bananas, I love Banana breads.. Almost every weekend, I bake banana bread and enjoy the warmth whole week in office 😀 Its very simple to make banana bread, the convenient and best use of over ripe bananas. I dont exactly know whats the difference between a Banana Cake and a Banana Bead. May be some one out of my readers would like to acknowledge me about it. I wont write much today as am still indulging in one 🙂
1. 1 cup Whole wheat Flour
2. 1 cup All Purpose Flour
3. 1 tsp Baking Powder
4. A pinch of Salt
5. 2 over ripe banana.
6. 1/3 cup butter
7. 2/3 cup Sugar
8. 1/4 cup Milk
1. Sift Flours and baking powder together in a big bowl.
2. In another bowl, mash bananas very well. Add sugar and butter and whisk till it gets all mixed up.
3. Add the two mixtures together and fold together along with required quantity of Milk.
4. Grease baking tray and sprinkle some flour on it.
5. Pour the banana mix into the tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35- 40 min.
6. Check the bread with a metal skewer.
7. Let the bread cool down on a rack for few minutes before cutting into pieces.
OK, I know this last step is a bit difficult. To wait for the bread to get cool down to have it. Whats better than than to sneak a little piece when its still warm.
1. After mixing the bread mixture, keep it immediately to bake in oven. If you will wait, the bread wont be spongy enough.