Chhole are often considered to be heavy but thats just the way we make them provides that heavy texture to them. This recipe is light and goes well with Chapathis too.
1. 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight
2. 1 tsp turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder each
3. 2-3 green chilies, chopped
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 onion , chopped
6. 1 tomato, chopped
7. Cilantro to garnish
8. 1 tsp cumin seeds
9. 2 tsp Besan , roasted dry
10. Onion rings, lemon to garnish
11. 1 tsp garam masala
12. 1 tsp oil
1. Boil chickpeas along with salt and turmeric till 2 whistles till they get tender. Keep 1/4 cup of chickpeas aside and blend it in a blender to form a paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds. Add onion andd fry till golden.
3. Add tomatoes and green chilies. Cook covered for 2-3 min till tender.
4. Add spices except Garam Masala. Mix well and cook further 1 min.
5. Fold in roasted Besan and stir frequently to avoid sticking.
6. Pour in the boiled chhole and combine well along with some water.
7. When it starts boiling, add the blended chickpeas and simmer for 8-10 min. Turn off
8. Sprinkle Garam Masala and keep the pan covered for few min to let absorb the aroma.
9. Garnish with onion rings, cilantro and lemon pieces