This recipe was taken from Akila’s Kitchen while I was looking at the Roundup for Ramya’s event for Pasta. Payasam made from Pasta.. amazing concept. I tried it last weekend adding some of my ingredients… Carrots and whole wheat pasta made it a bit less guilty.It was sincerely one of the most amazing dessert I have had ever … Trust me it was so so so yum… S said its the taste from heaven ”:P”, he is so comic sometimes :)…. But this could be the true definition for this delicacy. So I just waited to post it as my 100th post to celebrate the moment .. yohooo !!
1. 2 cups Pasta ( I used whole wheat )
2. 1 can of condensed milk ( I used the low fat version )
3. 4 medium sized carrots , grated
4. 2 cup water + Water for boiling pasta
5. 1 tsp ghee
6. Sugar to taste, if required ( I didnt use any )
7. Cashews to garnish
8. 3-4 strands of Saffron + 2 tsp milk
9. 2 cups milk ( I used skimmed )
10. A pinch of cardamom powder.
1. Boil enough water to cook pasta and bring to a boil. Add pasta to it and cook as packet instructions. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat ghee and roast cashews in it . Keep aside.
3. Dip saffron strands in 2 tsp warm milk. Keep aside.
4. Now, heat remaining milk in a pan. When it starts boiling, add carrot to it and cook covered on a low flame for 5-6 min. The carrot should just be tendered not mushy.
5. Add the 2 cups water and condensed milk can. Keep the flame low and keep stirring. You can add sugar at this point if you want. I didnt use any and it was perfectly sweet coz of condensed milk and carrots.
6. When its simmered for few minutes and got a bit thicker, add cooked pasta and cardamom powder to it. Simmer for 5 more min. Add the saffron + milk and stir, then turn off.
7. Garnish with roasted cashews.
1. This was comforting when hot and heavenly when chilled. You can have it both ways, just adjust the milk quantity as it will get thicker when chilled.
Sent to the events:
Diwali special sweets by Radhika
Anu’s Diwali Event