See, call it a Chaat or Salad in International terms, it will still make one of the healthiest choice of food for you. And trust me, its as tasty as any other evening snack can be. Have it with a bread and tea and cherish the goodness with yummy bites.
1. 1 cup Whole Moong , sprouted
2. 1 large onion, chopped small
3. 1 large tomato, chopped small
4. 1 tsp Panch phoran masala
5. 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, coriander powder each
6. Salt to taste
7. 1 tsp cumin powder
8. 3-4 green chilies.
9. handful of coriander leaves
Pressure cook the soaked Moong to one whistle till it gets just tender not mushy. Alternatively you can steam the beans for 15 min for extra crunchiness. But its important to cook the Sprouted Moong, since its not advisable to consume them raw.
In a pan, dry roast all the spices for 30 min. Add onion and roast for 2 min on medium flame.
Add tomatoes and green chilies. Cook covered for 2 min. Add tender Moong and stir well. Simmer for 2 min and turn off.
Garnish with coriander leaves.