Tomato puree provides a tangy and unique taste to this weekend treat. It got space as an evening snack for us and we enjoyed to the core. 🙂
1. 1 cup boiled potato, mashed thoroughly
2. 1 cup freshly made breadcrumbs ( I used wholewheat bread , 2 were enough for this much amount )
3. 1/2 cup boiled peas, crushed slightly
4. 1/2 cup cheddar and Mozzarella cheese mix
5. 1 tsp salt, turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder each
6. 1 tsp poppy seeds ( khuskhus )
7. oil for deep frying
8. 1/2 cup coriander leaves , chopped
9. 1 tomato, pureed
10. 1/2 tsp black pepper for garnishing.
11. 1 green chili, chopped very fine.
1. Mix all the ingredients except Cheese, black pepper and coriander leaves together and knead well. Keep aside for 15 min.
2. Divide the dough into 7-8 equal balls.
3. Now, flatten the ball with your palms slightly, fill in the 1/2 cheese and fold together into a ball.
4. Heat the oil in a deep pan on high first so that its very hot. Turn the flame on low now and deep fry the balls . Keeping the flame low in this step is very important, else the balls will burn from outside and will be raw from inside.
5. Garnish with cilantro and black pepper. Serve with chutney of your choice.
These Scrumptious balls roll to :~
Monsoon Medley from Sukanya
Srav’s Cooking Concept – Appetizers
Ayessha’s Anyone can cook