This week I was paired with Sara of Blog Sara’s Yummy Bites. She has some lip-smacking recipes on her blog with mouth watering pics. Although a majority of her recipes were non-veg, I selected a few to go for like Badhusha, Wheat Puttu, Tomato Dosa and Tomato Pakora.. But last weekend, we had enough sweets and fried stuff in some get togethers and while moving. So Tomato Dosa seemed to be the best bet to try first. I will try her other recipes too , but for this wednesday.. Here comes Tomato Dosa.…
It was easy, tangy and scrumptious… Even S, who BTW is not a big fan of dosas, loved it … No other proof for me 🙂
1. 2 cups Basmati Rice, washed
2. 1/2 cup Urad dal, washed
3. 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds ( methi dana )
4. 2 medium sized tomatos, chopped
5. A small piece of ginger
6. 2 tsp coconut, dessicated ( I used frozen )
7. 2-3 red chilies , dried
8. 1 tsp Salt
9. 1 tsp cumin powder
10. Oil and water – as required
1. Soak the rice, fenugreek seeds and urad daal together for 2-3 hours.
2. Drain and grind well to a paste adding enough batter.
3. Mix in all other ingredients and blend again for some time till it gets to Dosa batter consistency.
4. Heat tava, pour in the batter in spiral dosa shape. Apply oil to edges.
5. Flip it over when done from one side.
6. Serve this with any chutney of your choice.. I enjoyed it with dry Peanut chutney..