Muffins are the small creatures that have always taken my attention. I have tried a lot of them, not posted everything though. Some came out to be bland, some amazingly tasty. Some were colourless, some texture less and some perfect looking ones as well.. I have created them all. Moving on from sweet muffins, I tried my luck first time with Savory classics this time. I wanted an eggless version to start with, no special reason, just because Eggs were finished at home last weekend.
My quest for the Savory muffin took a rest, when I hopped over Rajani’s Blog for Blog Hop this month. She has this wide range of breads and bakes in her space, and I got the idea for this one here. Rajani has posted them as Pizza Muffins which am sure must have tasted heavenly. But since I was trying them first time, I kept it simple and just added Coriander and tomatoes. While making the batter, I forgot to add cheese into it, which seemed to be the prime ingredient in Rajani’s recipe. When I had already poured in the batter in the Muffin tray, I realized my cheese is staring at from the corner of the kitchen. Shit ! What do I do now ?? I felt so like an idiot not to read the recipe and keep all ingredients on the shelf before proceeding further, as they always say in famous cookbooks.
Nevertheless, I just sprinkled cheese on the top of each muffin and kept on for the bake. Thankfully, it tasted very good if not great. Next time I shall definitely keep all the ingredients on together before moving on to the procedure. Lesson Learnt !
- 1 cup coriander leaves , chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups APF ( All Purpose Flour)
- 1 cup Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil ( for greasing the tray )
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Whisked Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Grease a muffin tray with the oil and keep aside. Preheat oven to 200 C. Mix the flax meal with 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix together.
- Add all other vegetables and cheese into the Flour and mix together. Add water-flax meal and yogurt and just fold everything together. Do not over mix
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tray and bake for about 25 minutes
- Serve with butter or ketchup, watever feels better 🙂
- I have added yogurt for maintaining the moisture of the muffin since I didnt use Egg in this. You can skip yogurt increase the water to 1 cup and add Egg instead for same consistency
- I could not take pictures of this since they vanished before I could even keep them aside for cooling