As I have heard the term “Super Woman” many times from my friends and some Bloggers as well, I really hate to burst out that bubble. There are times when I dont want to cook at all, with the tiredness sweeping in the body and my brain refusing to look at any Lards kept in the Fridge. And then the only thing that comes to my mind is this Alu-Matar Sabzi, which never fails to perks me up. Quick to make and a real no fuss Sabzi, this is very common dinner in my home.
Its a very simple and hassle free sabzi, and hence fits best for those Lazy days, when you just want to relax after a satisfying quick meal 🙂
What you Need ?
- 1 cup Green Peas, thawed if frozen
- 8-10 baby potatoes
- 1 Large Onion, chopped small
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
How to Make ?
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter Cumin Seeds. Add dried red chillies and fry for 10 sec.
- Add onion and fry till translucent. Throw in ginger paste along with all the spices and fry for 10 sec. DON’T add salt at this moment.
- Add Potatoes and Peas and mix everything together. Cook covered for 10-12 minutes stirring frequently on a low flame.
- You may have to add few tsp of Water to keep this moist. Simmer for next 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle Kasuri Methi and Garam Masala and cover till the time you serve it.
- This is a very quick dish, and hardly needs any preparation. Since it uses very less oil its easy on stomach and can be taken nfor dinner
- I usually make it for the Wraps for Lunch.
- You can add Green chilies and Garlic into this one, I usually dont use it to keep it light.