The first month was good, second better and next two the best. For my Exercise Regime, and then as they say, it started dropping down. One level and the other. And now the situation is that am back to the same weight and shape. Damn !! I am not one of those determined people I guess. Lately the craving of my Sweet tooth has even multiplied many folds. Every day I am having one or the other sweet, thinking of keeping the diet fundas for another week , which keeps on forwarding to yet another one.
And this month when Radhika paired me up with Pj, who has a bunch of interesting recipes, the first thing I clicked on was the label for sweets. What a range of sweets she has, loved her blog to the core. Bookmarked a lot of recipes instantly and stuck to this one.. Bananas !! I don’t even like them, but then I always want to find out various ways to include bananas in my diet since I hate them as they are…… Sorry 🙁
This Banana Halwa was not only delicious, but I felt it as one of the healthy and guilt free sweets I can binge upon. Addition of nuts made it even more interesting and crunchy. Although very little amount of ghee was used in it, the aroma it absorbed was so irresistible… Loved every bite of it… Hey Banana dislikers ( I know that’s not even a word, but I know nobody hates it either ).. So Hey there, here’s another way you can have this fruit, guilt free 🙂
You can find the original recipe here, and to look at what other Blog Hoppers are cooking this season, click here
What is required ?
- 2 ripen Bananas
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 cup Milk + few strands of saffron
- 1/4 cup assorted nuts , chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Mash ripen bananas very well with hands or potato masher. Soak Saffron in milk and keep aside.
- Heat Ghee in a pan, mix in mashed banana and start stirring frequently till 8-10 minutes. Keep the flame low to medium.
- Add Sugar and keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes until it gets dissolved completely.
- Add cardamom and saffron soaked milk in this, give a last mix and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve hot.
- This will be very sticky when cool off, and tastes best when served hot.
- You can reheat it n Microwave but then do not heat it for a longer time else it will ooze out burning smell.
My other Banana Recipes:
Off to Blog Hop this month