What you need ?
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp All Spice powder ( a mix of Cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg, cloves and Cardamom)
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit ( keep them in a tbsp of flour for a while before mixing to the Cake batter)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
How to Make ?
- Sift together the dry Ingredients and mix well.
- Beat butter, oil and sugar together in a big bowl and keep aside.
- Beat Eggs in another Bowl until fluffy and mix with the butter-sugar mixture. Add Milk and mix well.
- Gradually add flour to this mixture and fold in to combine, do not mix vigorously. Gently fold in the mixed fruit pieces.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes on 170 degrees.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut in pieces. It tasted better the next day ..
My other simple Bread / Cake Recipes:
Simple Banana Bread
Sweet Potato Bread with pumpkin seeds
No bake Mango cake
Pineapple Cardamom Bread
Reposting it to –
Bake fest started by Cook’s Joy and hosted by Palachinka