I love Methi.. Every week its a staple in our grocery shopping. I love the aroma and texture of this green leafy vegetable so have to find new and different ways to keep this alive in our weekly menu. We were so bored of having the same Methi Alu, Methi Daal and Methi Parantha.. So this time I searched for new recipes and got this one from Tarla Dalal. Am a huge fan of her and follow her recipes by heart ..
This one comes from her delicious book : Calcium rich recipes. I added some of my flavours too in it.
****Updated this recipe with new photos, and re-posting today ***
- 1. 3 cups washed methi leaves
- 2. 2 cup Spinach leaves
- 3. 3 potatoes, boiled and peeled.
- 4. 1/4 cup cheese ( I used a mix of Mozzarella and Cheddar )
- 5. 1/2 cup Paneer cubes
- 6. 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 7. 1 large onion diced
- 8. 2 tsp oil
- 9. 1/2 cup milk
- 10. salt to taste
- 11. 1 tsp black pepper
- 12. 1/2 cup chopped Coriander leaves
- 13. 1 tsp lemon juice
|Mashed Potato mix|
|MEthi Palak Mix in Pan|
|Before going into Oven|
- 1. Mash the boiled potatoes and add salt, Black pepper, Cilantro, lemon juice and green chillies into it. Keep aside
- 2. Steam Methi and Spinach or boil them for 3-4 minutes. Blend in a blender coarsely.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions till brown. Add Green chillies and fry both for a min.
- 4. Add steamed palak, methi and paneer and stir for another 3-4 min.
- 5. Spread the layer of potato in a baking dish. Layer the methi mix over it. Top it up with Cheese and Milk.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 min. Serve hot.
- 1. Prepare the dish when ready to serve . Reheating the dish will burn the cheese layer
( It happened with me 🙁 , see the pics )
- 2. Photos are still bad, since were taken in dim light at night. Will update with better pics again
- 3. It gives similar taste of Methi Paneer but with cheesy combination. You can skip Cheese completely though.