Finally !! A bit of fresh air and a hint of sunshine has fallen on the barren land of Britain. It was so depressing to see the miserable weather outside where you could do nothing but sit inside and drink hot mugs full of coffee and tea. Having said that, I have never been a tea person but a hard-core Lassi or Buttermilk fan. So, it was really disheartening not to be able to drink all that and rely on tasteless sips of tea ( no pun intended ! )…
Now when it’s a bit of glory outside, I am so enthu to get back to my fav juices and smoothies.. Starting with the ever beloved Watermelon last weekend, I already have churned all juicy fruits and veggies at least once to apt my hunger of juicy bites. I am looking forward to use my new Citrus Juicer I got from India last year which I haven’t even opened yet to try on. The first thing I would squeeze out is a passion fruit, I think. Ermm.. I am just getting carried away now… let’s get back to today’s drink.
When Jagruti announced this group of – Potluck Party I couldn’t think of anything better than a welcome drink for all.. And what’s superior than a healthy welcome drink that tastes great too !! Sweet n juicy watermelon combined with pulpy orange and tender carrots churns out a refreshing drink. In extreme summers, a handful of crushed ice on top will be an excellent thirst quencher and hydrating powerhouse of nutrients. Not that we will ever have that need to mix in with ice here, its never going to be that summery. But who cares, as long as Sun is there I can still jump on to sip my fav drinks.. 😀
What you need ? – Serves 4 medium glasses
- 1 kg of watermelon
- 7-8 medium size oranges – almost a kg
- 5-6 big carrots – a kg almost
- 1 lemon – juice squeezed out
- 1 tsp chaat masala – optional
- 1 tbsp crushed mint leaves – optional
- 1 tbsp icing suger – if you want that extra sweetness, optional
How to make ?
- One way of making it is that you can puree all three ingredients together in a blender or strain it well. I don’t really like it this way, since the carrots are always leaving some threads behind which I don’t like coming up in mouth while drinking. But this way, it will preserve more fibre from the fruits and carrots hence its better health wise. Of course, if you don’t mind the threads
- Another way is simply juice all the things in a juicer together. This way it will be smoother to drink and less messy..
- Squeeze lemon juice, and mix with the Masala or Sugar.. whichever way you prefers.. Dil ki pyaas bujhaao 😀 :D.. quite cheesy have I gone ?? 😉