- For starters – Pani puri Shots, Lamington cake rolls, Fried Idli, Indian Patties, Bread tikki
- For main course – Punjabi Kadhi Pakora, Green Garlic Pulao, Kashmiri Egg tomato
What you need ?
A pack of 10-12 Sponge Fingers
1 tbsp Coffee
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Double cream
How to Make ?
- Boil the water and dissolve Coffee and sugar into it. Keep aside
- Beat the mascarpone cheese in a bowl with the sugar and vanilla extract till just smooth, add in double cream and whisk it toll soft peaks are formed.
- To assemble in the individual glasses or dessert bowls, break each sponge finger into 2-3 pieces and dip them in the coffee. Make sure its not hot while you are doing it or the sponge fingers will just beak and melt
- Line them in the glass, and spoon a layer of cheese-cream mixture. Layer again with the sponge fingers and finally cover it with more cream-cheese.
- Dust some cocoa powder on top, and refrigerate it for next 4-5 hours.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also dip the Sponge Fingers in Liqueur as Nisha did, look here for her post.
- This can be kept in Fridge, for 3-4 days so you can make it in advance before any party. And its really a no fuss dessert, suitable very much for all sorts of Get-together
- I have seen one of the Bloggers used Nutella as a layer in between, havent tried that but could be worth trying – Nutella Tiramisu, the name itself is tempting 😛
Gayathri had given this Tiramisu as a Challenge in her Baking Eggless monthly challenge. Though I didnt make it from scratch, have a look at this page to see the roundup and how others have done the hard work making this amazing Italian dessert all from Scratch.