Recipe source: My SIL
Serving: 3-4 people
What you need?
For the dough:
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
4 cups Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup yoghurt, at room temperature
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup fresh paneer, grated
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Salt to taste for stuffing
2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp oil or ghee
How to make
- Knead the dough mixing all ingredients, adding warm water gradually. You may not need this much water, or may need more as well. It really depends on the quality of Atta ( WWF ) you use.
- Keep the dough aside, covered with a damp tea towel for 20-30 minutes
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing. Grate the fresh paneer and mix salt, coriander leaves and black pepper to it.
- Once ready, pinch some dough, roll into a ball, stuff the filling in and bind the sides. Roll it gently into Paratha and roast on a griddle with little oil, flipping both sides evenly.
- Serve hot with Chutney and Raita
- The detailed step by step process of how to make stuffed parathas ball is explained in my post for Litti- Chokha here, visit to check it out
- The detailed step on how to make Paneer at home is explained in this post for Sandesh, here
- You may add your own spices to this one, if only pepper is too bland for you
- Adding ginger to this combo also tastes heavenly.
- You may add mint and chopped onion too