Let’s read a little more about her in her own words:-
Let’s quickly move on to the delectable recipe she has got for us today.
- 500 ml full fat milk
- 200 gms kaju burfi
- 4-6 tbsp saffron syrup from malpuas
- Cardamom powder
- Boil the milk , let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Add crushed kaju burfi,let it blend with the milk.
- Cook till the milk reaches a thick consistency.
- Add sugar syrup,cardamom powder,and chopped malpuas.
- Pour into desired mould and freeze.
Notes from Vaishali:-
- Due to humid weather the barfi was little soggy and I knew I would have to throw it, so I decided to use it in a kulfi. Also I had some malpuas which were in the fridge, decided to use them as well.
- I did not add any sugar as the kaju barfi was sweet,and then I used the sugar syrup from the malpuas.
- I did not add any other nuts as the burfi had pistachios and almonds, and the malpuas syrup had saffron. The kulfi turned out very rich and was dominated by the cashew flavor. Well one can use any left over sweets for these kulfis, only they should blend well with milk.