What to use :
- 2 cups Self raising Flour
- 1 cup Skimmed Milk powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Single Cream ( Malayi )
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
For the Chocolate Dressing
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 Medium chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup Single Cream
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
How to Make ?
- Sift together the dry Ingredients and keep aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together Cream, butter and Sugar till it gets fluffy. This will take around 7-8 minutes of continuous whisking.
- Add on Orange Juice and Lemon juice and mix again for a minute.
- Gradually start mixing flour to this mixture, folding gently and not rigorously. Take care not to beat it too much.
- Grease a Baking Tin with Oil and pour in the cake mix into it.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees. Check with a skewer or knife and if comes out clean, let the cake cool for sometime.
- While its getting cooler, prepare the chocolate sauce.
- Throw in the chocolate pieces in a bowl and micro for 30 seconds. Chocolate burns out very quickly so check once in between and stir it.
- Add nutella into the warm chocolate and mix well
- Add Cream to the mix and heat it again for 30 sec. Take it out and keep aside, you can also keep it inside Fridge for 10 minutes to allow the temperature come down quickly. The main aim is to apply the chocolate which is not too hot, else it will make the cake soggy quickly.
- Meanwhile, our cake has cooled down. Cut it into rectangular strips and pile the chocolate dressing over one of the strip. Place the other strip on top of it and cut into squares.
- Dip those squares in the chocolate mix and roll them over the coconut.
- I like serving them a little warm since they melt in mouth when warm. Jutst micro them for 15 sec and enjoy the luxury
- They are extremely high in empty calories, so diet watchers, please be aware.. They are so so addictive 🙂